Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Do you know...

What bothers me? When you are sitting outside enjoying some sun and some warmth, listening/watching the kids play on the trampoline, and talking to my husband when all of the sudden you hear that familiar sound of a gun going off and then the pellet hitting the side of my neighbors building.......mind you this is all while the kids are playing outside. We think it was a pellet gun, because it was not loud enough for a regular gun. I immediately went through the neighbor's yard to see if I could see anyone outside playing around. It was eary as I did not see anyone. Chris was also looking too. We never did find/see anything, but mind you I will be asking my neighbors as I see them if their children have pellet guns! It scares the crap out of me knowing that one of the kids could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time and been hit with that pellet. This is why I dislike living in town, but I will not be moving soon so I have to deal with it......UGH!

6 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

OH my! We let Colby shoot his pellet gun, but only when it's JUST HIM outside.....and we have 36acres surrounding him. I CAN NOT imagine...good luck and stay safe!

Diane Melvin said...

That scares me also because Lydia plays outside at Darla's with Hayden and Claudia. If that happens while she's there I'm calling the cops.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

that's ridiculous! turn it in next time just so they have record of it! don't blame you for being ticked!

Unknown said...

Thanks Cindy! We're really excited. I'm glad you guys have a blog, it's fun to see everyone. Oh and that is ridiculous about the pellet gun going off. Turn 'em in!!!

Shonya said...

You know, I'm not anti guns, but I am PRO-TRAINING! Uh, oh, I'll try to stay off my soapbox, but seriously, why don't people train their kids these days?! Is there no respect?! Have you heard about all the shootings in the last week? So anti-gun people want to get rid of guns. And the bald eagle shooting. But seriously, people, there's these two words: respect and training. Funny how EVERYONE carried guns 100 years ago and we didn't have these problems. . .

stepping down. . . :)

Jena said...

Yikes! That does not sound fun at all. I'll come give them a good talkin' too! They'll tremble, I'm sure of it!