Monday, December 1, 2008

Shopping...

Well I did not brave Black Friday as some did......I am not patient enough for the rudeness of some of the shoppers.......Kathy and I went to Des Moines on Saturday for our shopping. We were suppose to leave Ottumwa at 8:30 a.m., I arrived at 8:45 (yes late, go figure) and her mother-in-law was not there yet.....ugh frusturating. Anyway we finally got out of town at 10 a.m. which put us an hour and a half behind on shopping! We started our shopping spree at 11 a.m. when the snow started falling......yes tis that time of the year.....ugh not while I am 2 hours away from home driving a boat that is only 2-wheel drive! Well we shopped and shopped and ate and shopped and came home with a load full of stuff, tell me what I do not know but the suburban was full of bags:)

We had a little bit of a show down with a snowplow and the suburban and I was afraid the burb was going to lose, but low and behold we came out ahead (after I about freaked out and tried not to hit the brakes on a ice/snow covered road at 9 p.m.)! We figured the snowplow hit a patch of slush and floated way over on our side of the road as we were trying to go around him as he was running maybe 20 mph (yes I know follow the snowplow, but it would have been 2 a.m. before we got home if we did that)!

So I made it home safely and after lots of hugs and loves from the girls the next morning we had to go play in the snow (like I was not for playing in the snow either)! The girls pulled out the saucer sleds and I pulled out the massive yellow beast, a.k.a. the 4-wheeler, I pulled the girls around the yard loving it as I am not the work horse like I have been in the past. After a few dumps and getting ran over by Rachel, Haley decided to ride on the 4-wheeler with me. Rachel did not want to give up, so we pulled her around more and went a little faster, oh the squeals of joy!

We are back to our usual routine this morning, but the bus was 10 minutes late which put the rest of us behind and then the car had to be warmed up and scraped off as the garage is full of stained doors (yes doors that have been hung undone for 6 years). We are trying to finish up those undone projects that keep hanging over us.......

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful Monday!




2 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

I got to park in my garage last night! YAY...glad my doors are up, but Vance thinks they need to be done...we'll see when he gets to THAT! Glad you had fun shopping, hopefully you just have a few things to finish up!

Shonya said...

ha, ha, chuckling! I seem to remember a scrapbooking trip when you were freaking out about a little snow, too! :)